Our physicians specialize in a number of Orthopaedic disciplines including spine surgery, joint replacement, orthopaedic traumatology, hand and upper-extremity, microsurgery, sports medicine, orthopaedic oncology, pediatric orthopaedics, and foot and ankle.
Common conditions treated by our physicians include, but are not limited to:
- Spinal problems including degenerative conditions, disc herniations, scoliosis, spinal stenosis, fractures, and tumors
- Shoulder problems including rotator cuff disease, arthroscopic surgery, arthritis, joint replacement, fractures, and instability
- Elbow problem including arthritis, fractures and dislocations, joint replacement, and instability
- Hand and wrist problems including arthritis, fractures, arthroscopic surgery, joint replacement, artery and nerve repairs
- Pelvis and Hip problems including arthritis, arthroscopic surgery, joint replacement, and fractures
- Knee problems including ligament and meniscal tears, arthritis, arthroscopic surgery, joint replacement, and fractures
- Foot and ankle problems including tendon and ligament repairs, fractures, arthritis, and joint replacement
- Pediatric problems including congenital deformities, and fractures
- Tumor and limb salvage surgery
Physicians employ many techniques for treating their patients including non-operative management utilizing physical therapy, occupational therapy, injections, and bracing. When surgical intervention is indicated, contemporary surgical procedures and cutting edge technologic options are available.
The physicians work in conjunction with both primary care and specialty physicians to treat common along with complex problems. In addition, the faculty is involved in a variety of basic science and clinical research projects as well as FDA approved clinical trials. Our physicians are leaders in their respective fields and serve on a number of editorial boards and research councils. They serve as consultants to corporations and frequently lecture around the globe.
Please see our additional subspecialty web pages (to the left) for a more in-depth view of our roles in specific diseases and complaints.
Our physicians are happy to see new referrals as well as patients desiring a second opinion. Offices are located adjacent to Yale-New Haven Hospital as well as satellite offices in Milford, Guilford, and Middlebury. Surgery is performed at Yale-New Haven Hospital as well as Guilford and Temple surgical centers.